Help! I Volunteered
Many first-time coaches volunteer to do the job. MVYSA will provide a full set of drills and lesson plans for all coaches U6-U7.
Interacting with Parents
- Involve the parents and enlist their support.
- Communicate your philosophy and team goals.
- Having the parents support and reinforce your policies are crucial. Your expectations for player behavior should be clearly stated at the beginning of the season.
- Engage parents in the process of understanding best soccer practices
Coaches can communicate with purpose by being aware of posture, eye contact, facial expressions, distance between the coach and the player, distracting behaviors and voice quality.
Players appreciate and expect open communication. For coaches, building these skills and insuring they understand players is crucial in addressing their questions and quandaries.
Game Day Management
Making the game more enjoyable for players
- Teach fair tactics.
- During matches, leave the tactical decisions to the players.
- Concentrate on coaching.
- Stay calm.
- Always be positive and be a role model of fair play.
- Set high standards for themselves, the players, the officials and the parents.
- Provide good behavior guidelines to parents.
- Be firm with parents.
- Enjoy the work. Enjoy the game. Strive to win.